TVOT Panel – Adapting TV UX for New Viewing Habits and Business Models
On June 12, IRIS.TV CEO & Co-Founder Field Garthwaite will be a panelist at ITVT’s TV of Tomorrow Show in San Francisco.
This session will bring together a panel of experts in user experience (UX) design, content-discovery, personalization technologies, and other areas, in order to discuss how the TV user experience (UX) needs to evolve going forward. The goal is to ground the discussion in a) a scientific understanding of the new ways in which people are watching TV and video today and an awareness of the new technologies coming down the pike that will likely impact viewer behavior in the future, and b) the imperative that the TV UX tangibly improve business outcomes.
Questions to be addressed include:
- Should the latest research into viewing habits cause us to rethink our notions of what makes for good UX design?
- Which recent and impending industry developments–e.g. the convergence of OTA and OTT, increased mobile consumption of programming, new digital monetization models and distribution strategies, voice-control technology, the emergence of AI/ML, etc.–are going to have the biggest impact on the future of the TV UX?
- How can good design, effective personalization features, and efficient content-discovery options build customer loyalty, reduce churn and otherwise positively impact the bottom line?
- Ashish Aggarwal, Co-Founder and CTO, Caavo
- Gabriel Berger, CEO, ThinkAnalytics
- Field Garthwaite, CEO, IRIS.TV
- Nadine Krefetz, Contributing Editor, Streaming Media Magazine (Moderator)
- Alison Meier, UX Research Lead, YouTube
- Dewey Reid, Principal and Founder, Eat.tv
- Tyler Winton, VP of Business Development, TiVo